Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Consumed to Be Holy

The young men and women gathered to be consumed by Fire of God's love.

"Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it." -Proverbs 22:6 (ESV)

My first time to join the team of young men and women volunteers from The Lord's Flock Catholic Charismatic Community in their Singles and Youth Faith on Fire Conferences in Davao and in Metro Manila. I saw in these young people their willingness to be used by God for His greater glory despite their limitations and their age.

For many of them, just to be able to join the team of volunteers to Davao, they sold their shoes, some were selling goodies and others just for them to raise some amount for the airfare and allowance while in Davao. 

I am inspired by these young workers, going out of their comfort zones, sacrificing things just to be able to work for the Lord. I am convinced that, as long as there are young people like them, there is hope for the Church. There is hope for humanity.

May I ask parents to support the good cause of their children. Teach them to be holy as our Father in heaven is holy.

May I as a priest continue to inspire them by my own witnessing and by my willingness to be used by God, to be sent by God even to paces where my comfort will be sacrificed. For God's greater glory!

Prayer:
Lord, thank you for these young people. Thank you for inspiring me through them. Continue to bless them. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment