Thursday, July 24, 2014

The Grass

Beautiful morning dew on the very green grass.

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” -Joshua 1:9 (NIV)

I remember when I was the rector of the seminarians, we usually have the afternoon manualia (we work together to clean the seminary and its grounds). Even I was the formator, I see to it that I joined the seminarians in most of their activities even with cleaning. I was once assigned to cut the grass and burned them. While doing the assigned work, It just came into my mind something.

The grass I was cutting taught me something:

God wants us to live like grass. Even if it's stepped on, crushed, burned and cut, it always persists and grows back even greener.

In life, we sometimes feel that we are stepped on because of trials and persecutions and even of false accusations. Just be like the grass. Go back to life and be stronger. Be back to life and trust the Lord who knows the truth! Who knows everything about you!

Prayer:
Lord, thank you for those moments that I feel you loving embrace in the midst of all those trials. Make me strong, O Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment