Monday, August 4, 2014

Freeman: A Reminder from God

Mark Anthony reading the Bible while waiting
for our departure from Hong Kong
"What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?" -Romans 8:31 (NIV)

August 4, 2014. Mark Anthony Tayo known to the FB world as Freeman. As he usually do, he fetched me from the Lord's Flock Heritage Building after I gave lecture to the members of the Mother Household of the Community.

By the way, Mark Anthony is my Pare Ko. He usually accompanies me in some of my missions. He is also an Ambassador of Goodwill of a certain foundation doing outreach programs among the poor children and public schools in provinces.

We go back to my story. After he fetched me from the Heritage Building of the Lord's Flock Community, he took me for dinner and brought me home. While in the car, I shared with him some fears. He is one of the few people whom I trusted with some of the events in my life. I shared to him my thoughts on something.

With that conversation with him. He once again reminded me of a very simple Biblical Principle which somehow I have forgotten because I was to engrossed with the situation. He told me "Huwag kang matakot! Walang bibitiw. Mahaba ppa at marami pa..." (Do not be afraid! No one will let go. It still a long journey and there will still be more...")

I was reminded of the things he always is telling me or texting me whenever I feel some discomforts with situations; "Hindi tayo matitinag basta kasama natin si Lord" or "Hindi tayo matitinag kasi kasama natin si Papa Lord!""Hindi tayo mapaghihiwalay sa pagmamahal ni Papa Lord"

What a wonderful reminder that nothing can separate us from the love of God. And indeed it's true that "If God is with us, who can be against us!"

This simple guy taught me great spirituality. This simple guy doesn't know is teaching me to trust more on God. To have more faith in Him.

Pare Ko Freeman Mark Anthony Tayo, you just don't know that with those little conversations you are teaching me more. You are indeed a reminder of God to me.

Thank you for that!

God is indeed using people around us, He is indeed using those moments to let His presence, His love be felt by us.

Prayer:
Lord, thank you for giving me Freeman, to remind me to trust your love. To trust only you. To fear not because you are with me. You are with us. Bless Freeman with good health and more wisdom. Guide him and grant him his heart's deepest desire. Amen. 




No comments:

Post a Comment