Friday, August 8, 2014

Michael B. Avelino: Model of Honesty

Mr. Michael B. Avelino, the Honest Taxi (Cab) Driver

"For we aim at what is honorable not only in the Lord's sight but also in the sight of man." -2 Corinthians 8:21 (ESV)

August 8, 2014. I was waiting for a cab along North EDSA for some 30 minutes. I prayed to the Lord to send me a ride for I was trying to bit my time, when suddenly a cab came.

When I was inside it, I noticed the photo frame displayed just infront of me. Recognizing Mr. Tulfo, a Radio Anchor of Wanted sa Radyo Program, I asked the driver if it was he who was with Mr. Tulfo and his co-anchor.Indeed, it was he. He was an awardee of the GAWAD KATAPATAN given by the Radio Program to Taxi Drivers returning valuable things left behind by their passengers.I congratulated him and told him that I am honored that my driver is a man of honesty and honor.
The framed photo of Mr. Avelino inside his cab.

Then he started telling me stories of things he returned to the passengers. One will see in the face of Mr. Avelino sincerity and honesty. Mr. Aveino is indeed worthy of emulation not just by cab drivers but by everyone. We should aim to be honorable not only in the sight of God but even of men.

It was indeed an honor to me to meet this guy, a 23 year old honest Cab driver. Kudos to Mr. Avelino.Let us imitate him. If everyone becomes honest. God will bless us and our nation!

Prayer:
Lord, I ask you t bless Mr. Michael B. Avelino 
and his family with your grace and blessings.
Make us all live in honesty in your sight and in the
sight of our brothers and sisters. Amen.
The medal of Mr. Avelino hanged in his cab together with a Rosary

No comments:

Post a Comment