Friday, April 11, 2014

God Wants You!

People who let the Lord uses them for His purpose.


"...for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose." -Philippians 2:13 (NIV)

For so many times I asked myself, "How can God accomplish things through me? I am limited. I have my shortcomings. I am a sinner."

Until I realized that I need to make a sacrifice. And a sacrifice to be real must cost, must hurt and must empty myself. Yes, I should empty myself of myself. I mean I should not focus so much on me and my limitations and shortcomings. Instead, I should focus on the Lord and His grace who wants to use me despite of all those.

My friend Drew Alda sent me an SMS (text message):

"Give yourself fully to God. He will use you to accomplish great things on the condition that you believe much more in His love and grace than in your weakness."

Wow! True enough. We should focus not on ourselves but on God who wants to accomplish his purpose through and with us.

Prayer:
Lord, I am sorry for the times that I am so drawn to myself forgetting that You can use me. Lord, Thank you for your love and mercy. Thank you for your grace. Use me, Lord. Accomplish your plans through me and in me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment