Sunday, April 20, 2014

Jesus and I: A Reflection


"And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them." -1 John 4:16

One time when I donated blood for a friend, something came into my mind and I am sharing it because I found it good to be reflected upon:

I gave blood, Jesus gave His. I gave a pint, He gave His all.

My needle is short and sharp, His nails were large and dull;

My cot was soft and restful, His cross was rough and hard;

My med-techs were kind and gentle, the soldiers were cruel and mean;

The crowd applauded my sacrifice, those who passed by reviled Him;

Mine was type A (I think positive, I just forgot), His was positive for all;

Mine, at best, will prolong life fr a while, His, without doubt, will SAVE us all for eternity!

Mine is nothing, Jesus' is more than anything!


Prayer:
Lord, thank you for giving up your life for us to live in eternity. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment