Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Kuyang Johnson and Ate Jhacky Manabat: Christian Parents

Kuyang Johnson and Ate Jhacky Manabat with son Inigo Ezekiel.

“Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.” –Proverbs 22:6

When I became active in the Social Media specifically in Facebook, I started knowing people, much more I became interested in meeting relatives who are unknown to me. I barely knew Kuya Johnson Manabat, the only thing I knew about him was he is a news anchor over DZMM Teleradyo. Whenever people ask me how I am related to him, I always answer the we just have the same surname and we just both came from the same province--Nueva Ecija.

Kuyang Johnson became a friend in FB and he is very accomodative, then Ate Jhacky his wife became my friend, too. To be honest, Ate and I communicated much than Kuyang because of his very hectic schedules in reporting.

We became somehow familiar to each other and at last we were able to see and meet each other last May 3, 2014, during the anticipated celebration of my 7th Sacerdotal Anniversary.

After the Holy Mass, Inigo, their son approached me and make "mano" in which I blessed him and called him by name. He smiled at me saying "Kilala nyo po ako?". During the short program, Inigo went to me, we shared stories, I asked him questions and he asked me, too. Inigos' gestures and responses with "po" and "opo" made me think that Kuyang and Ate must be  good parents. They must be teaching Inigo all those things.

In another incident while looking at my FB account, as I usually answer messages, prayer requests and inquiries I came across an album of Inigo giving foods to people along the streets. "It is something", I told myself. The whole family doing what I am also doing. The "Street Presence Apostolate" as I called it.

Kuyang Johnson and Ate Jhacky Manabat are very silent persons. They do things as parents in quiet. But they are parents to be emulated. They are true christian parents worthy of emulation. I hope, many parents will be inspired by this wonderful couple leading their child in doing good. God bless you Kuyang and Ate! Kudos to both of you! Inigo will be somebody in the future because of a very good training you are giving him!


Prayer:

Lord, I thank you for the gift of Kuyang and Ate with Inigo. They are inspiration to me. Lord, continue to bless them. Embrace them and be their protection. Keep them in love and in your peace. May all families be a seedbed of goodness. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment