Saturday, May 10, 2014

A Mothers' Day Prayer

With my beloved Nanay, Mrs. Vicky Berber-Manabat
"Who can find a virtuous woman? She is far more precious than jewels... 
Strength and honor are her clothing, and she can laugh at the time to come. 
She opens her mouth with wisdom, and loving instruction is on her tongue. 
She watches over the activities of her household and is never idle. 
Her sons rise up and call her blessed. 
Her husband also praises her: 
Many women are capable, but you surpass them all! 
Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord will be praised." -Proverbs 31:10, 25-30

I would like to share with you a prayer for Mothers on the day we honor them. I would like to offer this prayer for my own mother, my beloved Nanay, Mrs. Vicky Berber-Manabat. I would like to invite you all to pray this prayer for your own mothers, too.

 Let us pray:

I thank you God for the gift of my mother.
I thank you that she gave me life and nurtured me all those years.
She gave me my faith, helping me to know you and your ways.
She taught me how to love and how to sacrifice for others.
She taught me that I was just okay to cry and that I should always tell the truth.
Bless her with all the graces that she needs and which you want to give her today as I honor her.
Help her to feel that she is very precious in your eyes especially today and to know that I lover her very much.
Please give her strength and courage, compassion and peace.
Bless her , O Lord on this very special day dedicated to her with your love. In Jesus' mighty name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment