Monday, May 12, 2014

The Experience of You

Spending quality time with family is a great experience of you.

"Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord." -Ephesians 6:4 (NIV)

In one of the Lenten Recollections I gave, I will never forget a father who shared his realizations. He is a businessman. He narrated that he worked for almost 18 hours everyday. He even bring home his works at home.

Because of so many workloads, he lost communications and rapport with his own family. He went to bed with his wife sleeping already. He do not have time to play with his children. 

He said that he did all those because he just wanted to buy everything for his family. The luxurious things in life he wanted to offer them. "I have always dreamed of giving them anything that the money can buy." He said.

He added, "I got so involved in so many works that I forgot about one essential thing they wanted most. It was me, it was a father who was always there when they needed me most, to experience my love and support."

To all of us and to all parents, most of the time yes, we are working for our families. For them to have everything, but we also need to be reminded that spending quality time with them is a great experience of you whom they wanted most. Our presence, our love, the playing of games, the stories to tell are the things they needed most.

Prayer:
Lord, help us and be with us always. May we continue to fill the need of us of our loved ones. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment