Friday, May 9, 2014

What's In Your Heart?



"Your word I have hidden in my heart..." -Psalm 119:11

I heard of a story about two friends who were walking on a busy streets of the metropolis. One was showing the place to his friend from the province.
Suddenly the guy from the province said, "Listen my friend, I can the birds chirping. Wow! How beautiful!"


"Oh, that's crazy!", the city guy said. "People here do not hear birds singing. Especially with this noise."


The friend from the province pulled out his handkerchief and some coins from his pocket fell to the ground. Immediately people scrambled to pick up the coins.
People really do hear what is in their hearts. 


What's in your heart my friend? Is it the words of God? Or something? If we have God's words in our hearts, we will always be able to listen to Him despite the noise of sin.


Prayer:

Lord, may your Divine Word remain in me and in my heart. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment