Friday, May 30, 2014

School Bag

"Do to others as you would have them do to you." -Luke 6:31

I was told of a story which goes like this:

A Plane was about to crash in; there were 5 passengers on board, but only 4 parachutes.
The first passenger said, "I am President of this country, the chosen one. This country needs me, I can't afford to die." So he took the first parachute and left the plane.
The second passenger, said, "I will be the next president of this country, so people for sure don't want me to die." He took the second parachute and jumped out of the plane.
The third passenger, said, "I'm the Secretary of Social Welfare Department, a lot of people depend on me." So she grabbed the parachute next to her and jumped.
The fourth passenger, a good-hearted man, a former politician who really served well with honesty, said to the fifth passenger, a 10-year-old Boy, "I have lived a full life, and served my country the best I could. I will sacrifice my life and let you have the last parachute."
The Boy said, "That's okay, Sir. There's a parachute left for you. The President grabbed my SCHOOL BAG."

Doing good is making the greatest sacrifice for others to live!


Prayer:
Lord, thank you for giving us life by making the greatest sacrifice of all, the giving of your life on the Cross. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment