Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A Prayer From A New-Found Friend

Mark Anthony N. Tayo in one of his photo shoots. 

"Be thankful in all circumstances..." -1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NLT)

Yesterday, I wrote a story about my new-found friend, whom I first thought was not a good company but after our first-ever conversation I found out that he is a man of hope and deep aspirations.

His name is Mark Anthony N. Tayo.

After he read the story I wrote about him, he called me crying thanking me for the write-up. He told me that he was able to know himself well. And I assured him that what I have written was the person that I saw and experience in him. I thought, the conversation and the so many "thank you's" finished when we ended the call. But at 07:08 in the evening of November 9 (the same day I have written the story) he sent me an SMS (text message) which made me cry, too. A message that inspired me more. And I would like to share it here as it was:

"sa simula 'di ko alam kung sino ka at kung saan ka nanggaling, pero eto na, nagkakilala na tayo. Now, sasabihin ko sayo..Ronaldo Berber Manabat..maraming salamat sa pagsagip mo sa buhay ko."

What touched me more was the following which was part of his message to me, a prayer:

"Lord, salamat po kasi 'di kayo nagpapabaya sa taong alam mong kaya pa at may pag-asa pa. Na need lang ng isang kasama at katulong sa paglalakbay. Papa Lord salamat po sa pareng zenki ko...ito naman po ang dasal ko para sa kaibigan at maestro ko. Lord 'wag nyo po s'yang pababayaan, mas lalo n'yo pa po s'yang pagpalain para mas marami pa s'yang matulungan na kagaya ko. Alam ko pong may maiaambag ako sa kanya na sana magiging masaya ang bawat isa sa amin simula po ngayon. 'Di na po ako makakalimot at palagi na po akong magdadasal at itutuwid ko na po ang lahat ng kamalian ko. Tao po akong nagkakamali kaya Lord, patawad po sa mga kasalanan na nagawa ko. Mahal na mahal kita Panginoon. 'Wag mo din po pabayaan ang aming mga pamilya. Salamat po. Amen."

Oh, what a very inspiring and touching message and prayer! I thought I was the one who inspired him, but with his gratefulness to what happened, to our conversations and to my written story about him, but with this he was the one who inspired me and keep on inspiring me to touch more lives.

Now, I can really say to people that this friend, actually a new-found friend is a man not just of hope and aspirations. But a man with a true heart that loves and appreciates the goodness of others. He is a man with a grateful heart. A man of sincerity.

Pareng Mark, thank you for the inspiration. We journey together. I texted you back and you know my answer to this. Keep reading it and keep the faith!

You made me more proud of you! 

Prayer:

Lord, thank you for inspiring me. You really know when I needed it most. Thank you for sending me people. Thank you, Lord for the gift of persons, for the gift of friends. Bless him and all my friends, Lord Jesus. Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment