Thursday, October 3, 2013

Teach Your Children

Mother teaching her son. Photo from dreamstime.com

"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."   
                                                                                                                   -Proverbs 22:6


There was a man walking along a very dark street late at night. Then, a thief held him up and demanded his wallet. The frustrated thief remarked, "You looked rich and you don't have money?"

The man replied that his money was secretly hidden in his belt . The thief immediately got the belt. There was a secret small pocket on it and true enough his money was there. The thief in his surprised asked the man, "Why did you tell me where your money was hidden?"

The man answered, "My parents always repeated to me three things in life that I must always do as I grow older. First, I must always pray to God. Second, I must always do good things to others. And lastly, I must always tell the truth."

The thief regrettably remarked, "If my parents told me those three things, surely I would never have ended up a thief."

Prayer:

Lord, thank you for our parents who are guiding us as we grow in age and wisdom. Bless our parents. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment