Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Look At The Inside

I learn to judge not the person by appearance.
"There is a future, and your hope will not be cut off." -Proverbs 23:18 (ESV)

Sometime in August I met a guy whom when you look at him at a first glance you will be afraid to approach him because of his tattoos, but on a second look, seeing him embracing a little child will make you think that he must be good.

By providence, I met him again after more than a month, and was able to have a quite long conversation with him. I doubted his intentions of talking to me, but as we go along, he opened up things about his life, his love for family especially for his mother. He shared his realizations, wonderful realizations. He shared his thoughts on faith.

I told myself he is not just a guy. He is a guy with goal. He is a guy who needs companion on his journey. I see hope in him.He listens well and take everything in his heart and mind. I saw tears in his eyes.

I realized one thing, I should not look at the external appearance of a person, I should look at what is inside his heart. He is good. there is hope. He is a man of love and aspirations for his family.

I pray that he may find the way towards the realization of his goal in life. I hope I can journey with him at least through prayers.

Ah, he asked me, if he can be counted among my friends. And I said, Yes!

Pareng Marky, this is for you. Remember what I told you? God is making ways for us to be closer to him, He will make ways for us to reach our goal. That is if we will give him a chance in our life. That is if our goal is also clear to us. Keep the faith pare!

Prayer:

Lord, thank you for a new-found friend. I lift him up to you, please encourage him more. Inspire him more. Bless him and his family. Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Alleluia˜

    Great to hear this sharing. Father, we love to hear from you. Amen! Alleluia˜˜

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Ms. Joey Tam. I hope to see you again soon in Macau.

    ReplyDelete