Thursday, October 3, 2013

Pay It Forward



"As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another..." -1 Peter 4:10 (ESV)


A man was driving in a deserted road when his car broke down. He has no means of fixing the car. He tried to fix it with his bare hands but he was unsuccessful. He waited and prayed.

Another car passed by and stopped upon seeing him and his car. Seeing the need to repair, the man from the other car took his toolbox and help him repaired something in the engine.

The engine started. The man, out of his gratitude offered a monetary reward. The other man firmly refused. He insisted. But the man continued to resist the money.

"How can I repay you? How can I show my appreciation for what you did to me?" He asked.

The man replied, "Just do what I did. When help is needed, stop and be of service."

Prayer:

Lord, thank you for the time you send us people to help us. Teach us to do the same, to be of service to others. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment