Saturday, August 31, 2013

Fr. Conroy, SDB: An Inspiration to Mission

With Fr. Aidan Conroy, SDB, a long-time
Missioner in Macau, SAR China and a loving
Father to the Filipino Workers.
"Go ye into the whole world, and preach the Gospel to every creature." -Mark 16:15 (Douay-Rheims)

I would like to dedicate this page to a man of God who selflessly gave and continue giving himself for the Kingdom.

He have been in Macau for more than three decades serving not only the Chinese brethren but the Filipinos at large. He has been a father to many filipinos since they started going to Macau for work. He baptized many filipino children, he solemnized marriages, counseled filipino couples and families.

On a personal note, I would like to thank him for his inspirations to my vocations. As a young seminarian visiting Macau then, I always served in his Holy Masses. I saw in him simplicity and holiness.

When became a priest, he showed me the way to an unselfish service to the Church. Not counting any cost in return. He always encourages me to go on.

His trust in me made me strong.

He is Rev. Fr. Aidan Conroy of the Salesians of Don Bosco. Thank you Father. I love you. We filipinos in  Macau and their families in the Philippines will be forever grateful to you and your ministry!


Prayer:

Lord, thank you for giving us an inspiration in a person of a very humble and holy man of the cloth, in the person of Fr. Aidan Conroy. Keep him safe always. Grant him good health and more wisdom to lead us all closer to your Most Sacred Eucharistic Heart. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment