Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Please Pray for Me

In Macau, together with other August celebrators from the Ebed-Adonai Catholic Community
 which I organized. Taken August 2012


"Pray therefore to the Lord of harvest, that he sends forth laborers into his harvest"  -Matthew 9:38


I read one interesting story about Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta when she asked Blessed Pope John Paul II during the 1981 Synod, 

"Give us holy priests, and we sisters and the families will be holy."

She then added:

"Without priests, we have no absolutions. Without priests, we cannot receive Holy Communion."

Indeed, we need priests. I am a priest of the Lord. I am human, I am weak. I am no angel. I have limitations. I have my shortcomings, too.

I ask you then to please remember me in your prayers, not only today that I celebrate my birthday. Pray for me always, that I may continue to be a "joy to the Lord, a gift to the Church and loyal to my priesthood."

Pray also for other priests. Please offer your joys and sufferings to our sanctification. Blessed Mother Teresa is right. When you pray for priests, priests are sanctified.

When priests are sanctified, the Church will be sanctified. You will be sanctified, because you are the church.


Prayer:

Lord, thank you for my priesthood. Thank for those people who love me and pray for me and with me. Bless us, O Lord. Amen.
                                      


No comments:

Post a Comment