Tuesday, August 20, 2013

My Wedding Anniversary?!

Taken during the Chrism Mass 2013

"The one who calls you is faithful, and He will also accomplish it." -1 Thessalonians 5:24

November 6, 2012 as I celebrate the first anniversary of my installation as Parish Priest of Basco Cathedral, I received a text message from one of the parishioners which says, "Good morning father, I wish to greet you today a Happy 1st Wedding Anniversary. God bless you!"


Reading it made me laugh so hard, it might not be intended but when I started to reflect on the message, I realized I am indeed married to the Church, I am indeed married to the people whom God has given me to serve.


And as I always admonish couples whom I solemnized their marriage, I also admonished myself on that very moment to be faithful to the Church. To be faithful to my ministry among the people of God.


I realized how God is so faithful to me since the day He called me. How God gave me all the graces that I need. How God kept me in His heart.



Prayer:


Lord, thank you for your faithfulness and I ask forgiveness for those times I became unfaithful to you. Forgive me Lord. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. The best union a man could ever have is the marriage with God. May your faithfulness with Him stays intact and strong. You will always and forever be part of my prayers. God bless you more and more Fr. Zenki.

    ReplyDelete