Monday, March 10, 2014

Call to Serve and Be Thankful

With my cousin, Seminarian Joao Miguel Pineda Samia at the Claretian
Seminary in Quezon City, Philippines.

"Serve the Lord with gladness." -Psalm 100:2

I always visit my cousin, Joao Miguel Pineda Samia, a Claretian in their seminary in Quezon City. Every time I visit him aside from sharing foods we also share our thoughts and reflections on our vocation and on how we can truly respond to God's invitation to the priesthood. Me as a priest and he as a young seminarian.

In one of my visits to him, I will never forget his statement that has a an impact to me:

"Kuya, I just realized that as we wake up every morning, life is really a gift from God and life itself is already an enough reason for us to be thankful to God and a reason to serve Him."

Indeed, my cousin is right. When God wakes up every morning, we should be thankful and that thanksgiving must lead us into serving Him in whatever way we can. In whatever capacity we have.

Thank you Wowie for this very timely reminder. Praying for you always. Kuya loves you!


Prayer:
Lord, thank you for my life. I want to give it all to you in love, thanksgiving and service. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment