Monday, March 10, 2014

Simple Joys

Seminarians find joy in playing "jolens"

"Be joyful always." -1 Corinthians 5:16


In one of my visits to the Claretian Seminary in Quezon City where my cousin Joao is studying. I noticed a group of seminarians from Burma playing "jolens". According to my cousin, they were ages 22 and above. I told myself, "Ah, simple joys!"

I really admire these seminarians, being far from their families in Burma, having no relatives here in the Philippines, having no visitors coming for them somehow will add to the loneliness they may feel in the seminary. But you will see them very happy playing and being with the company of each other. 

Indeed, in life, aside from prayers and God's grace we also need to find even little joys in all we do.


Prayer:
Lord, let my life be not complicated. Make me joyful even in simple things. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment