Saturday, March 15, 2014

Ate Tess Alonzo: True Crusader of the Family Rosary

Ate Tess Alonzo in Batanes wearing Vakul,
a traditional head dress of Ivatan

"I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live..." -John 11:25

I have met Ate Tess for the first when alone from Nueva Ecija I joined the 2nd General Assembly of the Family Rosary Crusade (FRC) in Pius XII Catholic Center in Paco, Manila. I have worked with her in the FRC as volunteers and chapter builder for quite a long time. I have been a witness of how she worked hard for the promotion of the Family Rosary and the cause for the Beatification of the Servant of God, Venerable Fr. Patrick Peyton, CSC, FRC's founder. She is very joyful and giving her best for the work.

Ate Tess joined Tita Gennie Jota, Dirk Beda and our very own Fr. Peyton in heaven today (March 15, 2014) at around 8:30 in the morning. She now enjoys the company of our Lord Jesus and the Blessed Mother.

Ate Tess, thank you for the chance of working with you. Thank you for the wonderful memories. Thank you for the love you have given me.  Thank you for you selfless work for the Church. You will never be forgotten. You will always remain in our hearts. Vaya con Dios! Pray for us!


Ate Tess still in Batanes with me, Fr. John Phalen, CSC and Fr. Devadoss, CSC

Prayer:
Lord, thank you for the gift of Ate Tess in the Church and in the Family Rosary Crusade. Thank you for her friendship. Grant eternal rest unto her, Oh, Lord and let perpetual light shine upon her. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment