Thursday, March 6, 2014

Going Against The Current

Fr. Zenki surfing in Baler, Aurora

"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong." 
                                                                                               -1 Corinthians 16:13

I once invited by a priest-friend to visit Baler, Aurora and stayed there for a night. Just to have rest from his very busy schedules in his parish. While there he still do many stuffs like editing presentations for his Parish's upcoming events.

Since I have nothing to do and knowing that Baler is known for its surfing escapades I tried surfing myself. I had my instructor who taught me techniques.

When I was able to do it with my instructor's assistance I just realized how good it was to be able to do it. How beautiful to go with the waves of the sea. It was fulfilling.

But going back to that experience, I realized that it is different when it comes to living the faith. In surfing, it is good to go with the waves, in faith it is important that we go against the waves, we go against the current. You will enjoy living the faith if you learn how to go against the "uso".

The message of faith is to stand up for what is right even if we are standing alone. To speak the truth when all speak of lies.

Live the Faith to the fullest! Enjoy living with Jesus!


Prayer:
Lord, help me to live my faith and give me the courage to go against the world of sin. Yes, Lord, You and I against the world. Against sin. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment