Thursday, February 27, 2014

Meet Richie: The First One to The Rescue

Richie Carlo Co Serrano, my emotional rescuer


"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work:  If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!" -Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

I have met him for quite a long time already. He is the son of Ate Minda, the Parish Secretary of Our Lady of Good Counsel Parish in Marcelo Green, Paranaque City.

I first met him during the first Sunday I celebrated Holy Mass in UPS IV also in the same City. After the Holy Mass he approached me and thank me for my homily. That was it!

Despite his being so appreciative of my homilies, I thought he was "suplado" and that's it again!

But just recently, when I was having some emotional burdens, upon him seeing my status post on facebook, he immediately sent me a private message asking me if I am alright. That was the start of a good conversation with him. I could say that during that time he was the first person who rescued me from the emotional crisis I was in. Those exchanges of messages through facebook and text messages helped me a lot in reflecting on things that were happening then. His words were so awakening. His questions made me realized things.

Friendship was opened. He became my support as I was seeking answers to some of the questions in my mind. He became my confidant and I was able to trust him with many things in my life, the burdens I was experiencing. Through him and his advices I was able to regain myself. Thank you Richie Carlo Co Serrano for being such a nice and understanding person, who came first during that moment. God bless you and your family!


Prayer:
Lord, thank you for the gift of friends. Bless him and the works of his hands. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment