Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Re-Commitment

"...the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen and protect you..."  - 2 Thessalonians 3:3 (NASB)


I must confess that there was a time in my life as a young priest, when confronted of so many challenges on living my commitment to the priesthood, I am asking myself:

"What if I never become a priest? What if I am married and have a family of my own? Will I be experiencing the same? Will it be different? Will I be more focused and committed?"

The movie "Keeping the Faith" gave me an answer so beautiful to reflect. It was in the scene when a young priest was sharing to an older priests his struggles because he was falling in love with a childhood friend.

The older pries told the young priest his own struggles and finally said:

"There is no difference if you are married or celibate. They both require commitment. And you cannot make a real commitment until you accept it is a choice that you make again and again and again."

Aha! I finally understand! Yes, to commitment is hard, that is why we must choose to be committed and we need to renew this choice, we need to make the choice always. We need to recommit ourselves always.


Prayer:
Lord, help us to make a choice. Help us recommitting ourselves to you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment