Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Don't Fail


"God saw the trouble we were in. God's love never fails. " -Psalm 138:23


Two best friends were soldiers. They both were sent to war. In the course of fighting, their company retreated. During the retreat, one of them got lost. Reaching a safe place, Mark found out that his best friend was not with them. So he asked the permission of his company commander to return to the battle field and search for Ron, his best friend. The company commander gave his consent but warned him of the danger and futility of his effort. He also said to Mark, "You are putting yourself into danger or maybe he is already dead."

Mark still went on to and looked for Ron. Few hours later, he returned carrying on his back the lifeless body of his best friend. The company commander said, "I told you. He is already dead by the time you will find him."

Mark replied, "Sir, I have no regrets. Before he died, he told me that he knew I would come for him." And he added, "I have not failed him."

God never failed us, he keeps looking to us. We should also not fail people around us. Be faithful to our words.

Prayer:
Lord, thank you for keeping us. Thank you for not failing us. May I never fail people around me especially those whom I love and trusted me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment