Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Fr. Nilo Lardizabal, OP: Preacher and Missionary

Fr. Nilo Lardizabal, OP
"For when I preach the gospel, I cannot boast, since I am compelled to preach. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel!" -1 Corinthians 9:16

A brother, a friend, a companion to my journey especially when I experienced one of the darkest moments in my life as a young priest. He was there as I remembered his words, "My heart goes out to you. Do not be afraid."

Here, i would like you to meet, one of the greatest preacher I have ever met. He preaches from the heart. He preaches with passion. His preachings were rooted in his experiences of the love of God.

People flock to him not just because of his good looks, his looks is like that of Matteo Guidicelli (hehe, Padre, my apology, but people told me this!) but because of his nice homilies and inspiring talks. 

I am prod because I have met a priest like him in my lifetime. He is an inspiration to me to preach not just by words but through my actions. Padre Nilo, kaibigan, kapatid...thank you very much. God bless you and your works for HIM, our Divine Master!


Prayer:
Lord, thank you for the gift of the priesthood of Fr. Nilo not just to the Dominican Order but to the Church in general. Guide him, strengthen him and give him the needed graces as he preach the Gospel to all nations. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. This is very true - Fr. Nilo is and will always be a gift to the whole Church. May he always find the strength he needs in preaching the Gospel. ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. God sees the heart, just as I always see my friend, Nilo. God bless always

    ReplyDelete