Thursday, February 20, 2014

Don't Rush


"be patient...establish your hearts..." -James 5:8


In one of schedules which I feel that I will be coming late because of a heavy traffic, I asked the driver to take some shortcut routes instead of the usual.

Unfortunately, just on the first shortcut we took, we were stopped by a traffic enforcer for violating a one way rule which we never noticed because we were in a hurry. I was unable to join the activity that day. I blamed my self for it.

Lesson learned aside from giving a travel allowance, I realized something deeper. 

Today, in this modern society that we are living in, we love to take shortcuts. We love shortcut techniques. Remember that quality of life cannot be achieved by taking even the right shortcut. 

Stephen R. Covey in his book "First Things First" in page 12 said that "There is no shortcut.But there is a path." Meaningful life according to him is not a matter of speed or efficiency. Meaningful life is much more a matter of what and why. Yes, what we do and why we do things that how we get things done.

Don't rush! Do it slowly but surely!

Prayer:

Lord, give me patience. Give me strength to things slowly but surely. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment