Tuesday, February 18, 2014

God is Faithful!

Bishop Camilo  D. Gregorio and the clergy of the Prelature of Batanes.

"The one who calls you is faithful, and he will continue to be faithful."
                                                                       -1 Thessalonians 5:24 (NIV)


On May 7, 2012 I celebrated the 5th year of my ordination to the priesthood. Early in the morning I was so happy and told myself "Congratulations, you made it!"

I sent SMS (text message) to a priest-friend telling him, I am now on my fifth year and he should congratulate me because I made it.

His reply:

 "Kapatid, congrats to God and not to you. We know ourselves, you know me and I know you. We have been so unfaithful many times, but you see, despite those unfaithfulness God never abandon us. He has been faithful to us."

Ouch! But it's true. There were many time that I am unfaithful in living my priesthood, but God has been faithful to me from the time he called me until now.

Friends, God is faithful to each one of us. He never left me and I am pretty sure, he will never abandon you, too. He loves us all.


Prayer:
Lord, I am sorry for those unfaithfulness. Thank you for being there always keeping your love to us. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment