Tuesday, March 11, 2014

To God be The Glory

With Ces Datu, now Mrs. Bocobo of TV5 as my co-host.

"He must increase, but I must decrease. " -John 3:30


Having seen in the television as guest and as host when still a seminarian, having been heard over radio as an anchor, having been featured in the broadsheet and many other websites, I thought I was "sikat na." When one time I was going home to Nueva Ecija by bus.

I boarded an ES Transport Bus stationed in Cubao. It was almost full, so I stood straight in front to look for a nice seat for me to take, when I noticed ever body was looking at me with their eyes wide open. I was tempted to say "hello" to everyone, thinking they might be surprise that a celebrity was in front of them taking a bus ride with them. When a young girl told me, "Excuse me po kuya, we are not able to see the movie".

Uh, oh! They were looking at me as if they wanted to tell me in chorus, "Hey, don't just stand there the movie is good and we are not able to see it because you're standing just in front of it!"

That experience humbled me. I was too proud of myself. 

That experience made me realize that everything I do must give glory to God. Everything I said must introduce Christ to people and no myself.

Yes, in everything, "To God be the Glory!"


Prayer:
Lord, thank you for those humbling experiences that I encounter. May I always give glory to Your Holy Name and not to myself. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment