Monday, September 30, 2013

A Brother's Care

Kuya Nonie Arzanan from His FB profile
"Let the charity of brotherhood abide in you." -Hebrews 13:1

Going back to my past, I remember people who in one way or another played important roles in my journey towards the realization of my vocation. Some played very big roles, some unnoticed, but in my mind and heart, even how little they seem to be, they will never be forgotten and I will always be grateful to them. And I want to dedicate this page to one of them. Kuya Nonie Arzanan, a kababayan (town mate) from Zaragoza, Nueva Ecija.

When I first came to Maria Assumpta, he was the first one who greeted me. Upon seeing that my room was almost bare, he went away and coming back he was bringing already a foam for my bed, curtains for my windows, a lampshade and some toiletries. He brought some of his extra things from his own room.

He let me feel welcomed and loved. The following day, an early morning serenade was rendered to us new comers and when I opened my door, it was he who was standing outside bringing a glass with lighted candle which he handed to me.

Those acts of Kuya Nonie made me feel more at home in the seminary. His kind words encouraged me to go on. Now, I am a priest and he played an important role in it.

I hope many of us can play roles in other's life. Not necessarily extraordinary.  Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta said, "Do ordinary things with great love."

Thank you Kuya Nonie!

(Note: Kuya refers to an elderly brother.)

Prayer:

Lord, thank you for giving me a brother who gave me so much encouragement in his own little way. Bless him and his loved ones. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment