Monday, September 30, 2013

Giving With Love

A plastic bottle full of coins donated by an old lady
for the Construction of  Padre Pio Parish in Sucat, Paranaque

"...God loves a cheerful giver." -2 Corinthians 9:7 (ESV)


My spiritual director since when I was a young seminarian and a friend, Fr. Eric Salazar is again building a new church, The Padre Pio Parish in Sucat, Paranaque.

Helping him with the raising of funds, I always encourage people in places where I am invited to celebrate Holy Mass to help him in building the church.

One Sunday at the San Isidro Labrador Parish, his former Parish whom he finished and beautify, some weeks after the announcement I made, after the Holy Mass an old lady followed me in the parish office and handed me a plastic bottle full of coins. Se said, "Father, please give this to Fr. Eric for Padre Pio Church. This is all I have. But I want to be part of building the Church."

I thank her and said, "God bless the gift, especially the giver" which I always say to people who gives gifts to me with my hands making the sign of the Cross to the gift and to the giver.

I brought the plastic bottle in Sucat, and gave it to Fr. Eric, he was so happy, too and we shared the same feeling of gratefulness to that old lady.

I was moved to tears by her generosity. That is all she had, but she willingly gave for the building up of the Church.

I was challenged, to do something more and give all I have, my strength, my talents, my everything for the building up if the Kingdom of God.

Prayer:

Lord, bless that old lady for her generosity. Thank you for teaching us to give and sacrifice for the sake of Your Kingdom. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment