Thursday, September 19, 2013

Have You Asked Him?

The Father reaches to us.
Photo from Christian Fathers and Husbands Fanpage.
"And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us." -1 John 5:14 (ESV)

There was a very young boy who was trying to move his little bed. His father was just watching him. The small boy could not move his bed even a little. He tried everything and they were no use.

The father asked the little boy, "Have you tried everything my dear?"

"Yes, daddy" the boy answered positively.

The father asked him again, "Have you exhausted all your means?"

"Daddy, I tried everything and used all my efforts, but I really can't move it."

The father responded, "My son, you have not yet tried everything. You should have asked me to help you."

In life, most of the time we thought we have done everything, we have tried all the possible ways, but we forgot to ask God to help us. We are forgetting Him. He should have the first one we should approach to. Unfortunately, he became our last resort in many cases. The worst, to most of us, we really forget him.

We call upon him now and he will never forsake us. He will never abandon us. He will for sure help us.

Try prayer, it works!


Prayer:

Lord, I am sorry for forgetting you always. May I always be reminded that you are just there waiting for me to ask your help. Help me, Lord, help me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment