Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Inscribe It

At Basco, Batanes, Philippines. Photo taken by Sem. James Andrew Castillo

"Love...it keeps no record of wrongs." -1 Corinthians 13:4-5 (NIV)


There were best of friends who agreed to go to a beach for a swim. While walking along the shore, they had a heated discussion. At one point his best friend hit him in the face. He did not retaliate. He just kept quiet and wrote on the sand, "My best friend hit me in the face." And they continued walking in silence.

Upon reaching their destination, they went on swimming. A sudden, huge wave swept him and he was drowning. Immediately his best friend came to save him. While resting on the rocks along the shore, he inscribed on the rock, "My best friend saved me from drowning."

Puzzled?

When someone does you wrong, you must be ready to forgive and forget. So the boy wrote it on the sand where waves can easily erase it. 

But when someone does you good, we must always remember them and place them in our hearts. So the boy inscribed it on the rocks so that it will be forever.


Prayer:

Lord, help me forgive and forget. Help me remember the good things people are doing to me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment