Monday, September 30, 2013

"Father"

Let us pray for our priests.

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you..." -Jeremiah 1:5 (RSV Catholic Version)


Parents when having babies usually make plans for them. Some parents ask their children to take courses that they want instead of what their children want. I read the following from a friend's Facebook post and I am sharing this:

You thought he would be a cardiologist.
Now, he spends his time mending broken hearts.

Or maybe an engineer.
Now he spends his time building the Kingdom of God on earth.

You thought he would be a great dad.
Now thousands of people call him "father".

Let us remember this:

They have the most important job in the world, but they also have the most powerful enemy trying to destroy them from doing their work.

Sometimes, we don't realize how our priests play roles in our lives, and in our society.

Please helm them. Pray for them. Understand them.


Prayer:

Lord, thank you for giving your Church priests who give themselves in the service. Guide, bless, encourage and save your priests. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment