Monday, September 30, 2013

Boljak!

With my Bishop, the Most Rev. Camilo D. Gregorio,
taken during the Renewal of Ordination Promises
at the Chrism Mass 2013 at Basco Cathedral, Batanes
"My son, do not despise the Lord's discipline and do not resent his rebuke, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in." -Proverbs 3: 11-12 (NIV)

I am not perfect. I have my shortcomings. I have my share of failures in my life and my ministry as a priest.

I must admit for many times I have been given "boljak" letters by my bishop. But those letters made me learn. Those letters made me realize many things.

My bishop loves us his priests and he does not want us "to throw to the swine the precious pearl" we have--our priesthood. So, every time we received "boljaks" from him, be it personal or through letters, I saw it as a manifestation of his paternal love for me.

I thank my bishop for loving us and correcting us. I thank my bishop for teaching and guiding us. I just wanted him to know how thankful I am for having him as my bishop.

(Note: Boljak is a street-coined-word meaning admonition.)

Prayer:

Lord, thank you for giving me a bishop like mine. Continue give him the wisdom in guiding us his priests. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment