Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Bishop Jose Lai Hung-seng, DD: A Man of Humility and Simplicity

With Bishop Jose Lai of Macau in his Residence.
With the Most Rev. Dr. Jose Lai Hung-seng, DD, Bishop of Macau
in one of my private audiences with him. 

"Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ" -1 Corinthians 11:1 (NIV)


I first met the good Bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Macau when I was still a seminarian in 2004. Since then every time I am in Macau he is the first in my list to be visited. We always have a private conversations and they are really inspirational.

Bishop Jose Lai Hung-seng for me is a man of few words, words that come from his heart. words that he really meant. Bishop Lai (as he is popularly known) is a man of simplicity and of humility.

He is very accommodating and fatherly. His words and his actions remind me of what I should be as a priest of the Lord.

Bishop Lai is one of my inspirations in my ministry. Thank you very much Bishop for the love and the trust. Thank you for always giving me your blessings and affections as your son and friend. 

May God bless you more and your ministry among the clergy, religious and the catholic faithful in Macau. Continue to inspire us and lead us closer to Jesus, the Eternal High Priest.


Prayer:

Lord, thank you for giving me a friend, a father, a counsellor, a mentor, an inspiration in the person of Bishop Jose Lai. Please keep him in your heart always and protect him. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment