Friday, September 13, 2013

Staying Spiritually Fit and Healthy

Morning exercise with the Altar Boys in Light House, Basco, Batanes
 which we did from time to time when I was still its Parish Priest.

"Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come." -1 Timothy 4:8 (New Living Translation)


When still the Parish Priest of Basco in Batanes, from time to time after the 5 o'clock in the morning Holy Mass I do some physical exercises with a group of altar boys. 

Sometime we jog towards Naidi Hill where the Basco Light House is located then do some physical exercises or we just simply play basketball. It made me physically healthy and fit.

But I also need to keep myself spiritually healthy and fit. 

I am sharing what I am doing to stay fit and healthy spiritually:

Stretch our patience. 
Bend in humility with our knees in prayer.
Exhale hatred and anger.
Inhale love and laughter.
Wiggle away temptations.
Twist away from suspicions.
Bend backward, hold it a second.
Look up to the heavens in praise.
Then jog our way to the Lord.

Let us have a nourished physical and spiritual lifestyle!


Prayer:

Lord, thank you for nourishing us physically and spiritually. May we live a spiritually fit and healthy lifestyle to glorify you and reach our goal, your heavenly Kingdom. Amen.

2 comments: