Saturday, September 28, 2013

A Letter to A Friend, A Brother and An Inspiration

Kuya Caesar Battling with sickness. Let us pray for him.
"GIve thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." -1 Thessalonians 5:18 (ESV)

Ever Dearest Kuya Caezar,

Glory to Jesus in the Most Blessed Sacrament!

I have decided to write this letter for you so that the world may know who you really are.

I just want to thank this opportunity of thanking you for being a big brother to me which never stop when we part our ways in the seminary. You graduated, I transferred. Even after those happy days in Maria Assumpta, you still let me feel until now that I am your "Little Tetet". Remember that name you gave me? Do you still remember where did you get that name? It was when you saw me wearing always my favorite jersey with the name of my section in Vincentian Catholic Academy "St. Therese" and when you saw me catering to the needs of those beggars coming to oue seminary, you told me that I am the male version of Mother Teresa. So, since then you lovingly called me "Tetet".

Your vocation is an inspiration to me, that though you were never given the chance, you still serve the Good Lord in all capacity you can. You're great. You've inspired me kuya.

Your love for the Blessed Mother led me to a greater devotion to her. I cling on her in my vocation journey. I consecrated my priestly life to her, and I learned it from you.

Ah, There was a funny incident, It was my first wednesday in the seminary, usually we pray the Rosary by group or alone in the seminary grounds, I saw you walking alone, holding you big-beaded Rosary, I run towards you and kissed you hand asking for your blessing because I thought you were one of our format ors, and you told me the truth. Hehe. You never lived as pressumptous as others said about you. Well, never mind them.

I knew it, your life was as challenging as everyone can imagine but I knew it, you never gave up your faith to God. You never left Him. You continue loving and serving Him.

The last time I met you was when I was the rector and formator of the seminarians in Quezon City, vividly I can recall your request "Tetet, wherever you are, please come when my time comes". Kuya, life indeed is a mystery, now that you are experiencing the pain of that sickness, I can say that you are indeed blessed. Yes, blessed and chosen because you are given the chance to join Jesus in His suffering on the Cross. Kuya, I asked you to offer those sufferings for us poor sinners, for me most specially that the Good Lord may sustain me in my vocation.

Kuya, I am praying for you. I love you and God bless you. To write everything here will never be enough to thank you and to tell the world what kind of person you are. Kuya, thank you for being a big brother not just in size but in reality. Thank you for being a true and best friend to many of us. Thank you for the inspiration. We love you.

Your Little Tetet,

Zenki with much affection to you

No comments:

Post a Comment